Sunday, March 18, 2018

For the Week Ending Sunday, March 18, 2018



Thursday, March 15 (from Ron)...Skunked Tuesday (howling wind), caught one dink chain pickerel Wednesday (in the howling wind), and skunked again this evening, but at least the wind was non-existent at sunset. Water was everywhere; however, it's all a murky mess, and the wind has been a bear. Not sure if the problem is these fluctuations in the water level, the wind, the murkiness, or all of it together, but something has to give.

Friday, March 16 (from Ron)... I am not fond of the saying, "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." I am more of a "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again" type of guy. I was thinking of these as I launched into the howling wind (20 mph) at 3 p.m. After two hours of getting splashed from the chop, I headed to a protected creek. At the near-three-hour mark, I caught a 23.5-inch chain pickerel, and they seemed to start biting just before dark. Stuck it out for two more pickerel in quick succession (a 19- and a 22-incher), then called it quits. At least I caught something. It's been miserable lately.

Sunday, March 18 (from Ron)...I can only hope that the month of March goes out like a lamb and the fishing improves. Got skunked Saturday at Milldam and tried Tecumseh today in the wind. Caught four chain pickerel today to 21 inches, but it was awful. I don't like the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment