Wednesday, March 28, 2018

For the Week Ending Sunday, April 1, 2018



Wednesday, March 28 (from Ken)...Wasn't about to pass up the first decent weather forecast in a while. Launched at West Neck about 8:30 a.m. and had the first fish--a 1-6 bass--in the boat about five minutes later. "Hmmm, maybe today isn't going to be too bad after all," I thought, but that turned out to be premature. That fish was the only one I felt until about 1:30 this afternoon, when I had something take a swipe at my crankbait on a couple of occasions but missed both times. By 2:30, I was tired of looking at all that funky-colored water in the creek and threw in the towel. Talked to Rob and Dave just before I quit and learned they had caught five so far, weighing probably all of about 3 lbs. total, as Rob noted. Red was on the water today, too, but didn't have a chance to talk to him before leaving this afternoon to find out what kind of day he had had. Given the prediction for more rain Friday, I have to believe that the water conditions won't improve much, if any at all, by our tournament date this coming Saturday. Will sure be glad when some of that nice, black, tannic water returns. Haven't seen any in quite a spell now. Incidentally, I tried one of Rob C's new Cal Coast Clip-N-Cull tabs today, and it worked flawlessy with that fish I caught early this morning. He flopped around in the livewell throughout the day, and I even lifted him out of the livewell by the clip this afternoon when I got ready to release him, and the clip stayed put in the same spot the whole time. Haven't decided yet if I'm going to invest in a set for myself but very well may.

No comments:

Post a Comment