Tuesday, July 25, 2017

For the Week Ending Sunday, July 30, 2017



Tuesday, July 25 (from Ken)...The most accurate way of labeling my trip today is a "mixed bag." Caught a total of 14 fish, including two bluegill, one white perch, one pickerel, and 10 bass. The latter included three keepers (1-0, 1-7, and 1-14) and seven dinks. My most productive lure was a shallow-running crankbait; it accounted for all but my first bass today. And all but that first bass came out of the S-curve in West Neck. Fished both sides of the bridge, but that one area was the only place I could find any action. Reckon there was some kind of party goin' on.


Wednesday, July 26 (from Jim)...Caught a total of two bass and at least a dozen crappie. This bass weighed in at 2.10 lbs.; the 2nd one was a 12-incher. Both were caught on a Whopper Plopper. All the crappie came via the fly rod. Only three made it to the livewell. Got a late start and came in about 2:30. It was 83 degrees at launch and 87 when I came out. Skip was out today, too. Said he caught two wee fellers. Also saw Rob P. but didn't talk to him.






Wednesday, July 26 (from Skip)...Fishing was slow. However, I was using some new and old lures to see how they fared. I'm not sure if you can really learn anything in only four or five hours, though. Stayed in West Neck and went to the bridge. Caught only two fish.




Thursday, July 27 (from Ken)...'Twould appear the party at the S-curve in West Neck had ended sometime before I got back there today. I'm guessing the ones I gave a sore mouth to on Tuesday also may have told all their buddies to keep their mouths shut the next time they saw me. As a result, I had to go searching today. Finally found some fish up near the mouth of West Neck but could only muster a total of five bass, including a 2-2 and four dinks. Also landed one decent white perch before the day was over. Could only get one fish to go for the type of crankbait that worked so well for me Tuesday. Their choice today was a topwater bait. Had several blowups with no connections, and lost a decent fish shortly before I quit that I saw for a second or two as he came alongside the boat. He only had the rear hook in his mouth and eventually managed to escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment