Monday, December 21, 2015

2nd Trip to Straight Creek Isn't as Fulfilling


With the forecast for several days of rain, I decided to get my licks in while I could. I decided to hit Straight Creek again today and try to find a few more fish on what is fast becoming my favorite jerkbait.

I quickly missed a couple of strikes and figured it was going to be another decent day, but not so. The bites after those initial ones were few and far between, and I only could muster a couple of dink bass and two small yellow perch by noon, so I fastened everything down and headed to Albright's. After 45 minutes without any sign of a fish, I ran on back to West Neck.

My first stop there yielded the 1-1 in this photo. Then, it was about 3:15 before I boated a twin to that 1-1. With the clouds thickening up somewhat, I secured everything and headed for the ramp.

The water temp when I launched this morning about 9 o'clock read 44 degrees. By the time I got to Straight Creek, it had hit 49 degrees. By day's end, the water temp was over 50.

The day wasn't as good as what I enjoyed last Wednesday, but I felt a few tugs on the line, which made it all worthwhile. If this approaching rain gets out of here by Saturday, I'll likely spend one last day on the water in 2015. Would like to get some of my tackle changed around before then, but will have to wait and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment