Thursday, June 5, 2014

Five Fish--All Keepers








That's the report I got from my buddy, Skip, about his day on the water yesterday. His best fish was the one in this photo, which tipped the scales at just shy of 2 lbs.















Besides those bass, though, Skip also boated this nice crappie yesterday.









The same email spoke of a coyote Skip spotted just south of the Pungo Ferry Bridge. "It was swimming across North Landing River," he said. "I first thought it was a dog, but when I got closer, I realized what it really was." Skip went on to say that he was going to take a picture, but with three big boats coming, he thought better of the idea, not to mention that the coyote, in his words, "looked pretty freaked" by them. He theorized the coyote might not have realized how deep or wide the river is, nor how much traffic there is this time of year.

In hindsight, it would appear that Skip's decision not to try and get a picture of the coyote probably was the smart move, because as it worked out, none of the boats slowed as they entered the old "no wake" zone at Capt. George's. All came through the area on step, causing Skip to ask me if I know whether the "no wake" zone actually still exists. Unfortunately, I'm still getting mixed comments from folks, so I couldn't answer his question.

No comments:

Post a Comment