Sunday, June 29, 2014

Announcing an Addition to My Blog's Homepage

For some time now, I've wondered how the stats for our Dewey Mullins Memorial Bass Tourney Series out of West Neck Marina would look alongside those from the regular Saturday tourneys out of Bob's Fishing Hole. Today, at last, I found out.

I went to Bob's website and pulled all the results from this year, which always are published in the Guestbook. Then, using my records from the Dewey Mullins tourneys, I came up with a comparison chart. Everyone has access to it. All you have to do is go to the charts at the bottom of my homepage.

I was a little surprised to find how closely some of the numbers for both locations resemble each other, while in other cases, there's a distinct difference. I'd only be guessing if I tried to figure out what all might be involved with these differences.

One incident I heard about at the Dewey Mullins tourney yesterday, however, highlights what even a difference in lures can have in determining whether someone catches a fish or not. A friend of mine had worn out the base of a cypress tree with his soft-plastic bait for several minutes without getting even a bump.

He just had left the tree when another friend of mine rolled up to it, tossed his square-billed crankbait to the base, and immediately set the hook on a 4.60-lb. bass. With only 10 minutes remaining before weigh-in, that fish propelled him and his partner into 2nd place and also earned my friend big-fish honors for the day.

And, of course, we all know that factors such as water clarity, oxygen content, and a litany of other things can have a dramatic effect on who does and doesn't catch fish. Whether any of these issues account for some of the differences in my tourney-results comparison chart, though, is anyone's guess.

I just wanted all my readers to know about the new chart, so that if you're interested, you can scroll to the bottom of the homepage and have a look for yourself. I'll keep it and the others posted there updated as events pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment