Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Life Is Full of Extremes...


And that includes local waterways, which, as captured in this photo by Skip Schaible...




or these two (one above, one below), taken by Mark London and forwarded to me by his tourney partner, John Goodman...
 
 
or these three below, which were taken by Charlie Bruggemann, can be way up. All of these photos were taken today, April 30, 2014. 



 


Then, for the sake of comparison, consider that, just 10 days ago, I stood on the slab of concrete that is the bottom section of the West Neck Marina ramp and could see the end of it. This is the sort of stuff people sometimes write songs about. Maybe there's a tune in our future, too.
 
In the meantime--and I can't believe I'm saying this--I'm praying we get some northeast winds, or at least some lighter winds, so some of this water we have now will go back from where it came.
 


As of earlier this morning (5/1/2014), here is what West Landing Marina looked like, courtesy of John Goodman.





And when I called Munden Point Park a few minutes ago, I was told they already have water coming into the grassy areas. So anyone planning a local fishing trip this weekend better keep an eye on things and call the marina before you waste your time.
 
As of early morning Friday, May 2, water levels on all fronts appear to be dropping. The launch ramp at Munden Point already appears to be usable. However, the same cannot be said yet for West Neck or West Landing, if my sources are accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment