Friday, September 13, 2013

A Fellow Angler Is Down

There's an angler lying in Virginia Beach General Hospital who needs all of our thoughts and prayers. Here's the slightly altered Thursday, Sept. 12 post from Sid Ryan that appears on the guestbook of Bob's Fishing Hole:

"Wanted to let everyone know that Matt Floyd was injured on the job today and is in Virginia Beach General Hospital. Matt fell 30-plus feet from a tree and has a fractured wrist, which requires surgery, as well as a fracture in his back and one in his hip. He is in a neck brace for precautionary reasons at this time. Thoughts and prayers going his way."

I'm fairly sure Matt works for a tree-trimming business. If I remember correctly, the name of that business appears on the sides of his bass boat. I also think he fishes with the Great Bridge Bassmasters. The one thing I'm sure about is that he has fished a couple of recent Dewey Mullins Memorial Bass Tourneys with us. Paul Celentano was his partner both times.

Jerry Gardner has asked me to post the following message from him:

"To Matt Floyd and family--we have never met. I am so sorry to hear of your accident. I can assure you that my family and my church family will keep you in our prayers. The doctors and hospitals do their best, but our God is the ultimate healer." --Jerry & Chris Gardner

I would like to add my best wishes and those of all the guys who fish our tourneys out of West Neck Marina. Here's hoping and praying, Matt, that you recover completely and quickly. We're all pulling for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment