Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I've Always Heard That "Variety Is the Spice of Life"


And it must be, if my catch today is any indication. This 1-lb. 9-oz. bass was my best one of the day. He fell for a Bass-Oreno, an old bait that I just recently started throwing again in honor of my Pop, who used to wear the bait out in those strip-mining pits back in Oswego.

My day's catch included a total of four bass, six white perch, and a grindle. Besides the Bass-Oreno, I caught fish on a Bomber Square A and Yo-Zuri SS Minnow. I also had several passes on my Bang-o-Lure early this morning but didn't get a single hook-up.

All my fish came out of Albright's, which was loaded with baitfish today. There were times they completely surrounded my boat. I made several casts into blow-up areas, all to no avail.

My friend, Charlie, fished the oxbow at the mouth of Albright's today and had results much like mine. Besides some bass, white perch and grindle, though, he also caught catfish and bluegill. I never feel too bad when my day more or less mirrors the kind of day Charlie had. The one thing different about his day was that he said he saw several big snakes, whereas I never saw any.

At this point, my hope is that there are a few more bass in my future for tourney day this Saturday than there were today. I certainly didn't come up with any kind of game plan for that event.

No comments:

Post a Comment