Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Didn't Break a Sweat 'Till I Cleaned Up the Boat


That's how nice it was on the water today. If I had been able to place an order for the perfect fishin' day, don't think I could have done any better than what Mother Nature delivered today. If you weren't there, you missed a good one.

And, incidentally, the fishin' wasn't half bad today, either. This 2-4 was my best of the day. He, like four others, fell for my Bang-o-Lure. I caught two more on an SS Minnow and two on a Super Fluke Swimbait. Five of my nine fish were keepers. Besides this 2-4, I had a 1-2 and three that were 12-inchers.

I also missed and/or lost about four other fish today. In most instances, they came unbuttoned after tangling in grass.

Like this past Saturday, there were pods of baitfish being pursued in Albright's today, but the numbers were far fewer today, and I only wasted my time with blowups on a couple of occasions.

While I was cleaning up my boat this afternoon, a gentleman approached and asked if I'm "the fella who does the blog." I acknowledged that I am, and he explained that he's affiliated with the Virginia Beach Stranding Team, which is part of the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center. He wanted to know if I'd put out the word that if/when you happen to see a dolphin or other such unusual species in local waters that you call and report it to the Virginia Aquarium. Their phone number is 757-385-3474. Their concern, of course, is to get critters back to the waters where they belong. For future reference, you might consider adding that number to the contacts list in your cellphone.

No comments:

Post a Comment