Thursday, December 8, 2022

'Tis the Season...Yes, Indeed!

The calendar period we're in at the moment...perhaps more so than at any other time of the year...is when folks tend to practice the philosophy that "one good turn deserves another"...or so it appears to me. I offer the following incidents as living proof of that statement.

A fella was outside grilling up some chicken one Dec. 15th, when a FedEx truck pulled up in front of his place and stopped. He watched as the driver exited the truck with a Dobyns rod tube and another package in his hands.

"My first thought was that Robert had told my wife what he wanted for Christmas," he said, "but then, I couldn't also help thinking it seemed odd that he hadn't asked me.

"Anyway, I opened the package," continued the grillmaster, "and inside was a Daiwa Fuego LT 3000, along with a card. It was from a guy who had asked me for some fishing advice. We subsequently had had many conversations on tackle and ways to fish. Never once, though, had we ever met face-to-face."

The card stated that he was very thankful for all the help with his fishing. To go with the reel was a Champion 733 SF.

"He got me the outfit because he knows how much I love to fish a nail-weighted Senko," added the grillmaster.

In a second case, another guy returned home from fishing one afternoon before Christmas to find a new rod waiting on his front porch...specifically, a Gblank 6'10", medium/extra fast, IM8, spinning rod.

"Freakin' sweet!" he exclaimed.

This rod was repayment for a favor he had done the "giver", and it hadn't cost him one cent.

As luck would have it, this guy also received a check in the mail the same day as part of a $433 state-tax refund due him.

"What a day! Huh?" was his hearty response. "Kinda makes up for the crappy fishing luck I had today."

No comments:

Post a Comment