Friday, December 30, 2022

Baby, It's Been Cold Out!...As Was Evident With Ice Around All the Edges


With the nice weather predicted for today, I wasn't about to miss an opportunity to get on the water for a few hours. And one look at the West Neck parking lot when I got there this morning told me that several other people had had the same thought.

There were about six trailers already in the parking lot when I got there and launched around 9 o'clock. Between then and 2 o'clock, I only managed one dink bass.

Dave Anderson also was out today and said he had a couple of small ones. We both quit within minutes of each other, and Dave helped me get my rig on the trailer...many thanks, my friend. Asked him if he knew whether Gary has been on the water lately, and he said Gary is quarantining at the moment after testing positive for the COVID virus. Understand he doesn't have a severe case but, nevertheless, wish him a speedy recovery.

With the long break since I was fishing last, the day proved to be somewhat awkward for me, starting with the fact I forgot to apply any line dressing to my rods before making the first cast. As a result, I had a couple of dastardly backlashes, one of which I will have to take a knife to tomorrow. Had another one just before I called it a day but was fortunate enough to get it out before I wrapped up everything and headed to the ramp.

The water temp when I launched this morning was running about 40 degrees, and it had moved up to about 46 when I quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment