Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Right Bait, Wrong Color


Waited until 9 a.m. to launch this morning, 'cause it was too cool for me to get on the water any earlier. That coolness, however, didn't prevent Wayne from launching earlier, though, in his own rig.

Checking in with him soon after I was waterborne, I learned he already had put one in the boat. However, it took me about 2.5 hours before I found my first and only fish of the day. It checked in at only 1-9.

When Wayne caught up with me later, he had improved on that one fish to a total of eight, if I understood him correctly. He turned five keepers loose near where we were talking at the time, with the biggest going probably about 3 lbs. The combined weight of the five likely would have gone somewhere around 9 or 10 lbs.

As we were talking, learned that the only difference between what we were throwing was the color. Will try to keep that stored in my head for the next time around.

Water temp for both of us this morning when we first put in was about 47.6, and it had only climbed to between 48 and 50 by the time we quit. At least I now have a working transducer, which seemed to mirror Wayne's readings throughout the day. He installed a new one for me just last week.

Have no immediate plans for another trip but will keep my eyes on the forecast for next week. This time of year, I have to stay tuned to the air-temp predictions. My magic number is always around 50 for a high.

No comments:

Post a Comment