Wednesday, March 9, 2022

For Period Ending Sunday, March 20, 2022


Wednesday, March 9 (from Ron)...
Launched at West Neck about 3:30 p.m., and the rain was very light. By 4:30, the rain had become steady, and a breeze had picked up, so I had to call it quits. Before then, however, I managed to find two white perch, three bass (biggest 1-8), and a chain pickerel. The latter made a mess of my net. Everything succumbed to a micro spinner.
Friday, March 18 (from Ken)...
I had been running all week but hadn't gotten to the water yet, so I decided to change all that today. Got up this morning, gathered my stuff, and headed to West Neck. Only fished about 4.5 hours but managed to get a couple of bass and one white perch...all on a crankbait. Best bass was the one in this picture, which weighed 2-3 on my scales. The other one would have gone about 13 inches. Ran around looking for some clean water but didn't find much. Level was also a bit lower than I would have liked. Water temp hit 66 today, but I didn't have a single topwater hit...not for a lack of trying, though. Tried a variety of baits, hoping to find two or three that might work tomorrow, but about all I accomplished was ruling some out. Will just have to see how everything unfolds in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment