Tuesday, March 9, 2021

For Week Ending Sunday, March 14, 2021

 

Monday, March 8 (from Ron)...
Launched Sunday at noon, but it was too windy. Did manage a lone crappie to avoid the skunk and had one serious pole-bender that threw the hook before I called it quits. Headed out this afternoon and caught a few. First bass fell to a Cotton Cordell Redfin at 3-6. Then got a 3-1 and a 1-4 on the XTS Minnow, as well as a nice crappie. Had a 12-inch yellow perch on my measuring board, but he didn't want his picture taken and jumped overboard. I was going to make a taco or two out of him...darn!








Tuesday, March 9 (from Ron)...
Got out on this beautiful afternoon and caught a few, including two chain picks, two crappie, one white perch, and three bass (dink, 2-0, and a 3-4). The XTS Minnow and Rapala Original Floater were the lures of choice. Sure was nice out there.













Wednesday, March 10 (from Ken)...I left the house all bushy-tailed this morning but returned with my tail tucked 'tween my legs this afternoon. Of course, I fully expected this is how things would go. To my delight, the little nit-noid problems that usually crop up the first few times out each year were at a minimum today. Unfortunately, though, so were the fish. Until 1 o'clock, I wasn't certain there were any live fish even swimming anywhere near me. But about that time, I finally felt an ever so slight tick on a jerkbait, but that was the extent of action for another half-hour or so, when I finally had a distinct hit on a square-billed crankbait. I set the hook and immediately felt some decent resistance. Got him alongside the boat, though, only to have an inopportune brain-fart. Instead of keeping the fish coming in the direction he already was going, I reversed course...and watched the pound-and-a-half-or-so bass promptly spit both hooks of my crankbait. As a result, I now stand with two goose-eggs on the scoreboard thus far this season. Can only hope I do at least a little better during our first tournament of the new season this Sunday. It's always nice when you can contribute to the cause, rather than spend the day watching your partner have to boat all the fish. On a final note, I'm certainly happy I had 'em give me my second covid shot yesterday in my left arm, or I feel pretty certain I never would have lasted as long as I did today. All total, I was on the water about six hours. Water temp when I quit registered 58.

No comments:

Post a Comment