Tuesday, January 26, 2021

For Week Ending Sunday, Jan. 31, 2021


Tuesday, Jan. 26 (from Ron)...
Fished from 3 p.m. 'til sunset. Caught a mixed bag, including a bowfin, three chain picks, and two bass that weighed in at 2-12 and 6-5, respectively. Of all, though, the bowfin was the one that really made my day. The next couple of days aren't looking so good weather-wise.

Wednesday, Jan. 27 (from Ron)...Went in search of panfish in Back Bay. Favorite haunt, favorite lures, and favorite techniques...but nary a panfish did I find. Least I didn't get skunked! Did manage one wee dink bass for the effort.

Saturday, Jan. 30 (from Ron)...Partial sunshine didn't help much, and there was no bite to speak of, either. Did manage to catch one chubby chain pick to avoid the skunk, but that was all.

(Don't mind tellin' ya, Ron, that you're a far better man than me to have gotten on the water today. Get at it while you can, my friend, 'cause if experience has taught me anything, it's that all you can do at my current age is to look back on your youth and smile.)

No comments:

Post a Comment