Wednesday, September 23, 2020

For Week Ending Sunday, Sept. 27, 2020

 

Wednesday, Sept. 23 (from Ken)...Had a strong suspicion it would be a slow day, given the low water we've had for a week, coupled with a steady rise that started yesterday and lasted throughout the night (and has been coming in all day), and let's just say I wasn't disappointed. I went for two hours before I had the first strike on a topwater and landed a dink. I then went a little better than another two hours before I had my second strike on a worm and boated another dink. And that was the extent of my day, split between Albright's and West Neck. Water temp when I was leaving the dock this morning registered about 58 degrees, and it had risen to about 66 when I quit at 2:30. Passed Rob Peppers and a partner I couldn't recognize enroute to my first hole this morning. Also saw a couple of fellas bobber fishing from a Tracker, but that was the extent of my company today, except for some kayakers who came out after I had launched this morning. Not certain what I'll do for the two tourneys this weekend but will figure something out by start time.

Thursday, Sept. 24 (from Ron)...
I finally got out on the water after a 23-day hiatus. Fished Tecumseh and had a few taps. Managed to catch one bass, but it was a good one: a 4-12 on a SwimSenko, which really made my day. Had two strikes on topwater, and that was all.



Saturday, Sept. 26 (from Ron)...
Caught a few fish today. Did a very long trip to Tecumseh and logged 7.5 hours in the yak, which I'm getting too old for! Landed eight bass, with the biggest only17.5 inches (didn't weigh). Wet a line at 0700, and just after colors, the bite stopped cold until after 1200. Water was a murky mess. Last fish on the line was a beautiful 5-12 bowfin that made my day, as the rain soaked me to the bone.

No comments:

Post a Comment