Wednesday, September 16, 2020

For Week Ending Sunday, Sept. 20, 2020


Wednesday, Sept. 16 (from Ken)...
After five weeks and four days, I finally got back on the water today, and I can't begin to describe how good it felt to be back out there, chasing those little green fish. It wasn't a productive day, but that fact didn't bother me for a change. Even the handful of hangups I had didn't get to me. I fished from 9:30 this morning to about 2:15 this afternoon, catching only two fish: a tiny yellow perch and a 1-lb. "on the nose" bass. Also had a blowup right beside the boat by a nice fish...all on a crankbait I was throwing for the very first time. In addition, I had a couple of strikes on a SwimSenko, but on both occasions, the hook found wood, instead of the fish's mouth. Really would like to get that phenomenon resolved before much longer, but have no idea where to go from here. Was dealing with some skinny water today. The river gauge stood at about 1.21 when I launched this morning but had moved up to 1.70 by the time I got home and checked my computer. At one point today, I found myself sitting atop a big ol' submerged stump. The problem arose after I failed to raise my gas motor, following a run to a new spot. As I sat there spinning, I was reminded of another time many years ago, when I grounded on top of a different submerged stump in West Neck, while a good friend, who was fishing not too far away, was bent over laughing his butt off. Fortunately for me, I managed to get unstuck on my own both times, or I'm sure I never would have heard the end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment