Monday, September 3, 2018

For the Week Ending Sunday, Sept. 9, 2018



Monday, Sept. 3 (from Ron)...Fished PAWMA this evening. Was a half-fishing, half-touring kind of trip. Caught a dink, a 1-6 and a 1-8. The 1-6 was the very first "tagged" bass I ever caught. The picture of the 1-8 has my all-time favorite catch in the background.  Caught that 71-inch, 135-pound back in 1997. She doesn't fish...yet. Spouse is getting her sea legs on the paddle board, and we had an enjoyable trip.




Tuesday, Sept. 4 (from Ron)...Made a quick evening trip from 6:30 'til dark. Final tally: five dinks, plus a 1-4, 1-5, and 1-10. Not too bad. Bite really turned on at dark, but the bugs were a pain. All fell to Zoom worms. Still no bowfin in my Bowfin Honey Hole...can't figure out why. Doesn't make any sense.



Wednesday, Sept. 5 (from Skip and Ken)...We both knew from the git-go that it was going to be a short day, if no other reason than it was hotter than blue blazes. With only an intermittent breeze, it quickly became unmanageable, and we subsequently threw in our towels and called it a day at 12:30. Each of us were able to boat a dink and dodge a skunk on the day. Skip caught his on a finesse worm; mine fell for a chatterbait. There were five or six vehicles in the parking lot today, and I saw several of them while I was out, but I truthfully never saw a single one set the hook on a fish. While I had hoped today's trip might provide some ideas for this coming Saturday's tournament, I must conclude that I'll be forced to follow my gut instincts. Maybe if we get the predicted rain, it may prove to be a decent "catching" day--hopefully better than today.



Wednesday, Sept. 5 (from Ron)...Fished 6:30 to 8 p.m. and only found a 1-9 in West Neck Creek on the U Vibe Worm. Buddy I was with caught a 19-incher, but that was all. Both hit right at sunset.




Thursday, Sept. 6 (from Ron)...The upper North Landing was a dinkfest from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Caught a 7-, 8-, 11-, 12-, and 14-incher (1-2). Also had something take drag before I got bit off. It most likely was a gar, as I saw a few in the area.




Saturday, Sept. 8 (from Ron)...Fished Tecumseh this morning from 7 to 11. Near the shoreline was an odd green slime that had the consistency of finger paint. It was sticky and tough to clean off my kayak. The water was very low and very murky. Only managed one 1-6. Spouse was out and about with the nice weather. Would have liked a few more clouds. Storms are coming, and we shall see what that brings.

Sunday, Sept. 9 (from Ron)...Got out before the weather goes south. Fished Milldam from Blackwater Road from 0700 to 1100. Very clear water and little debris, considering last evening's rain. Found a couple crappie on the XTS and Micro Spinnerbait. Two each 15-inch bass at 1-4 and 1-5, as well as two healthy dinks on the worms. The first two bass were gut-hooked, but I was able to set 'em free, and they swam away just fine. Gun shy, I ended up loosing about four, and one was a monster blow up as I dragged the U Vibe worm over the grass. Feeder creeks are healthy, with thick grass...and lots of action. Doesn't look good for an evening trip; think I will watch the weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment