Wednesday, September 19, 2018

For the Week Ending Sunday, Sept. 23, 2018




Monday, Sept. 17 (from Ron)...With the gauge at 4.5, had only a few options for launch. Many roads are flooded out, and the high water is tough. Decided on Tecumseh and fought the wind to eek out a lone bass to avoid the skunk. It was the only tap I had for a two-hour effort. Wonder how much higher the gauge will get? Certainly will impact the fishing for a spell.


Wednesday, Sept. 19 (from Ron)...The gauge is dropping, but not enough yet. Fished Tecumseh in an old panfish favorite spot but couldn't find any. Did manage two bass: a dink and a 1-14. A rather large snake was crossing the creek ahead of me when he suddenly stopped, turned and came at me. I paddled in reverse, and he paused and got in a strike pose. We stared each other down for a few minuets, then he bolted off. At least it was cool and breezy.



Thursday, Sept. 20 (from Ron)...Tried again for the specks or maybe a puppy drum. Caught three dink speckled trout and two small bluefish. Nothing for the skillet, though.



Friday, Sept. 21 (from Ron)...Was hesitant to head out this evening with the high water, but glad I did. Fished Lovitts from 5:30 'til dark. First bass was a nice 2-4, followed by a 3-4 and two dinks, all on Zoom U Vibe worms. Right at dark, I also got a 1-2 on a Whopper. Caught everything in the main, nothing in the feeder creeks. That seems odd, because the water was high, and I thought they would be in the feeder creeks. Felt good to have some drag taken.


Saturday, Sept. 22 (from Ron)...After a good Friday evening trip, went out for a long haul this morning but didn't get a repeat. Fished five hours and only caught one dink. It was horrible, with the usual "what could go wrong did" kind of day. Pretty sure I had a gar on that bent the pole for a few seconds and then threw the lure.





Sunday, Sept. 23 (from Ron)...Launched at dawn this morning, and the topwater bite was OK. Found a 4-14 that made my day. Just as it clouded up, I had a peddle cable fail but not before I landed a 1-14 .

No comments:

Post a Comment