Saturday, December 30, 2017

Ron Wraps Up Another Successful Season


Today was my last trip of the year. With it being a balmy 46 degrees, and winds running 10 to 12, I had to get out one more time in my kayak before the freeze. I ended up catching a skunk, but had to try. The next few days aren't supposed to see the mercury rise above 30, and coupled with the predicted winds, it's a bit too much for me. One of this year's highlights was a 24-lb. blue cat that I got on an ultralight with a beetlespin. I also caught a citation yellow perch that qualified me for a Master Angler Certificate. Another highlight was a PB striper at 29 inches, which provided a bunch of tasty meals. During the year, I was treated to some amazing sunsets, a bunch of wildlife, good friends, good times, and some tight lines.

Following are my totals for the year:
778 LMB (majority were dinks, but a few pole-benders)
182 white perch
112 stripers
61 yellow perch
29 bowfin
119 speckled trout
69 chain pickerel
154 crappie

Those totals included 319 trips, 1,159 miles, 911 hours, and 16 skunks. Had a discrepancy between my fishing log and kayak trip app, so will have to fix that next year.

Happy New Year's and tight lines to one and all in 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment