Tuesday, December 19, 2017

For the Week Ending Sunday, Dec. 24, 2017



Monday, Dec. 18 (from Ron)...Fished HRBT this morning from 0430 to 0630. Caught three at 18, 19, and 20 inches, respectively, so one for the oven. When I cleaned him, was surprised to see the stomach contents. I have some soft-plastic DOA shrimp lures and a hard plastic one that I may have to try next trip. Then again, the paddletails have been working, and they match the minnows I am seeing along the light lines. The weather was much nicer and a pod of dolphins were swarming around Willoughby Bay at sunrise.

Tuesday, Dec. 19 (from Ken)...Reckon you might say it was a day for the "old farts." Five of the six boats I saw on the water today had seniors at the helm. I fished from 9 to 2 and had my first hit on about my fifth or six cast, but it happened so fast I didn't even get a chance to try setting the hook. For the next couple of hours, I had absolutely no action at all. It wasn't until I decided to move above the bridge that things picked up. I ended up boating three bass, all about a pound apiece, and lost one more the same size enroute to the boat. Also caught a small pickerel near the end of my trip. Ended up once again catching all my fish on the same crankbait I've caught everything on my last three trips. The secret seems to be the 4.7:1 baitcaster I'm using, fished dead slow. Don't know when I'll get back out again--just depends on what the weather does. Would like to get in another trip yet this week, but will just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment