Friday, November 17, 2017

For the Week Ending Sunday, Nov. 19, 2017



Friday, Nov. 17 (from Ron)...After a full week of travel, really was good to get back out. Fished Tecumseh this evening and caught some fish, including crappie to 12 inches, a white perch at 11 inches, a dink bass, and a 23.75-inch chain pickerel that gave a good fight. Not bad for a quick trip. Striper season and the water temps are about right, so will try the HRBT Saturday morning, from 3 a.m. 'till dawn. Report to follow.

Saturday, Nov. 18 (from Ron)...Was a bit sporty out there this morning, with the southwest wind at Willoughby boat ramp. The chop was rough, but once I got around to the HRBT, it was pretty calm. Never had such good luck. Usually, I have to pick through a bunch of throwbacks before I can find a keeper, but this morning, my first one was a 21.5-inch, and the second was a real pole-bender at 28 inches and weighing 10-8! Fished 0400- 0500 and had my limit. Stuck it out for another 20 minutes and caught three more in the 19-to-21-inch range. It was a real blast 'cause they fight like bandits. The big one gave me a bit of a tow. Tasty they will be!

Sunday, Nov. 19 (from Ron)...After a long day of painting in the house, saw a window of opportunity and launched at 3:45 in upper West Neck Creek as the wind died down. Caught three dink bass and was happy enough, but then, while trolling back to launch with an XTS Minnow, I caught a nice striper under the bridge: a 20-inch pole-bender. Made my night.

No comments:

Post a Comment