Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Fun While It Lasted



That's how Ron characterized his fishing trip last night. He took his Whopper Plopper and went way back in the skinny end of a feeder creek in the vicinity of Beggars Bridge, where, in the span of 10 minutes, he proceeded to boat four bass.

His catch included a dink, 1-1, 1-10, and 1-11. He then spent the next 1.5 hours 'till darkness fell without any action whatever.


And from my friend, Jim Bauer, on Lake Gaston, came this report about Day 2 yesterday: "Not much to write about today. I stuck it out for three hours this afternoon. The air and water temps hit 86 degrees, but it felt like 96. With very little breeze, I was sweating most of the time.

"All I had to show for my effort was a dink and a good keeper that came off at the boat. I had let it run a ways and thought it was stuck good, but with one jump, it was gone."

Jim fished the back end of Pea Hill, where the water was slightly stained. He said he was thinking about running to the mouth this morning and working his way back.

He closed his note by saying, "I'm still hurtin'. Early to bed tonight."

No comments:

Post a Comment