Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Hook, Line & Sinker...


With a predicted high of 60+ degrees today, it was a no-brainer for me--I was going fishing, even though they were calling for breezy conditions. One look at the muddy water in West Neck was all it took for me to run to Albright's in search of cleaner water.

I initially headed to the back of Albright's, but the water there was worse than West Neck, so I came back and started working my way toward the mouth of the creek. There were stretches of muddy water here, too, but they were interspersed with some stretches that weren't too bad. From 10 to about 1:30, I swung and missed on three fish that picked up my SwimSenko. I also missed a couple fish that hit my chatterbait.

At 1:30, I was rounding a 90-degree bend, when another fish smacked my chatterbait. It turned out to be about a 12-inch striper. On the next cast, I boated a largemouth that would have gone about 2 lbs. I didn't weigh either fish because I forgot my camera today. Then, as fast as I boated those two fish, the action died again. At 2:45, I had had enough and headed for the dock.

Totally unproductive lures today included a Bandit Footloose, Bandit 100 and Mann's Baby 1-Minus.

The water temp when I launched this morning was about 47.5, and it had moved up to 50.5 by the time I quit.

Charlie was standing on the catwalk when I came in and told me that he's planning a trip tomorrow, so I'll likely post a report on his action sometime tomorrow evening.

As Charlie told me yesterday, he went fishing today (2/28/13). He put in at Ashville Bridge Creek. "It was cold, windy, high water, and muddy," said Charlie, adding, "I should have stayed home." His day yielded one medium pickerel and one bass, a 2-5, as best he can recall before checking his video.

No comments:

Post a Comment