Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Hook, Line & Sinker...


Charlie Bruggemann and I came off the water at the same time this afternoon (about 2:45), so I got his results on the spot. The only thing I can report is that Charlie dodged a second skunk in a row by catching a 6-to-8-inch bass at the last minute.

I, on the other hand, recorded my first fishless day of the current year. I felt only two bumps all day, saw two fish break water at the mouths of coves, and saw one other fish making a wake as he chased something across the mouth of another cove. Because of what I saw, I concentrated a lot of effort with different baits at the entrance to each cove but never felt the first fish in those areas.

As Charlie has been reporting for days now, the water was super muddy. The visibility couldn't have been more than 4 to 6 inches. The water temp at the ramp when I launched about 10 o'clock was 49 degrees. When I came back in at 2:45, it had warmed up to 53.

The water level this morning was at the 4-foot mark. This afternoon, it had dropped to 3.6 feet and still was going out when I left the marina to come home.

I suspect fishing will remain slow until the water starts getting back to its regular color. With more rain on the way, it's hard to tell when that will happen.

As I came in this afternoon, there were three fellas sitting in lawn chairs on the catwalks, with lines in the water, and a fourth one was standing at the point, with two lines out as well. I reckon that's what is to be expected without any management on the premises. I only can hope the situation returns to normal once a new manager is on the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment