Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Lots of Water, Lots of Baitfish, Lots of Swirls and Short Strikes...

But I only got 3 fish in the boat today, and 1 of them was a white perch. Caught both bass on a Bang-o-Lure and the white perch on a Thin N.

With the high water, I knew I should go to the back of Albright's again, but the threat of t-storms kept me "close to home." I stayed in West Neck Creek from 7:30 to 12:45, when a line of showers moved through. I had watched the clouds darken up all day and was smart enough to return to the ramp and get my boat on the trailer before the rain started falling.

I don't mind getting wet when there's a tourney going on, or when I'm catching fish fairly consistently, but when I'm only dragging water like I was most of today, I'm not about to sit there and get all shriveled up like a prune. The way I see it is this: I have nothing to prove at this stage of my life. Furthermore, my mama always taught me to come in out of the rain unless there was a good reason not to. And given the fact she lived to be 84, and my dad lived to be 88, I figure I'd do well to listen to what they told me.

Anyway, I'm headed back to the creek tomorrow to see if I can improve on today's tally. This evening's weather forecast made it sound like there's a decreased chance of t-storms tomorrow, so perhaps I won't be as hesitant to run to Albright's.

No comments:

Post a Comment