Friday, September 2, 2016

One Last Trip Before Hermine Blows Into Town



Reckon y'all know whom I'm talking about. He gives new meaning to "making every minute count." That's right, Ron headed to Albright's this morning and fished from 0630 to 0900.

"Must have lost seven or eight that were 'solidly' on," he said, adding, "had as many more strikes that didn't connect." That was the frustrating part, but he stayed focused and finally landed four bass, including a 1-1, 1-8 (see right), and two dinks. "Had a decent fish on, too, that never jumped but pulled some drag," Ron noted. "It could have been a striper, or maybe a bowfin--I just don't know."

There was one thing missing from yesterday evening's report that Ron brought to my attention today. It seems the friend who was with him on Back Bay had a double hook-up on the Whopper Plopper, as evidenced in this photo. Those bonuses are always a welcome sight, no matter who is holding the rod.

Ron concluded his email today by saying, "Think I will stay off the water until Sunday, but you never know." I plan to keep checking my email inbox--just in case.

SIDEBAR

Wanted to share this sidebar with all you kayaking fans. I was talking to Steve at West Neck Marina earlier today and learned that he's working on some upgrades there at his facility. One of those, he said, will be an area apart from the boat ramp where you can launch your kayaks.

He's already in the process of clearing areas for that and some other additions. Stay tuned to my blog, because I'll try to keep you abreast of everything he's doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment