Friday, March 8, 2024

What a Day! Hope It Gets Better Going Forward

I had decided earlier this week to make the maiden voyage of 2024 in my ol' Skeeter this morning, and if I hadn't figured I would be tested sorely, given that fact, I might have just shelved the whole plan before I ever left the house this morning. The problems...nothing major, just a whole littany of minor things...started nearly as soon as my feet hit the floor this morning, and they continued until I returned home this afternoon.

I don't mind telling you my butt was...and still is...dragging after only four hours on the water. If not for the two small bass I was able to muster in the last hour today, I likely would be looking at my day as a total loss. Probably my smartest move was my last-minute decision after launching the boat this morning to remain in West Neck, rather than tempt fate and make a run south as I originally had planned.

Water color was anything but pretty. My biggest surprise of the day was how well the new mono line I have on a couple of reels now performed all day. There wasn't a single backlash, overrun or anything of consequence. Perhaps my anxiety in the beginning may have been exaggerated. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment