Monday, March 25, 2024

Pride Runs Deep in This Family...And Rightfully So!

 

Had a conversation and some email swaps with my longtime friend, Jim Bauer, in the last couple of days, including a report about a nice fish (right) his great-grandson, Jackson, caught while fishing with his dad, Philip, from the bank of a neighborhood pond. They surmise the bass was gearing up to build a bed.

Seems it took Jackson a while to entice the "big girl" into taking his bait, a wacky-rigged Senko, but alas, he was successful. It turned out to be the only fish they caught that particular outing, but seeing as how her estimated weight was around 4 pounds, both father and son...and for that matter, the grandfather, too...were all mighty proud of the catch.

I as well share in their joy because, as I learned, Jackson was using the baitcast rod I passed to Jim sometime ago to give to the young man. The rod had a busted reel seat at the time I passed it along, but the boy and his dad put it back in working shape with a little two-part epoxy.

I take my hat off and extend a hearty Well Done! to both Jackson and Philip on a mighty fine catch.

No comments:

Post a Comment