Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Some People Go Lookin' for Love in All the Wrong Places...


Leave it to me, though, to go lookin' for fish in all the wrong places.

A month or better had passed since I last launched my boat, so decided to get 'er wet for a while this morning. Ended up only checking out different stretches both north and south of the bridge in West Neck. Began the day by merely catching three tiny pickerel and a yellow perch.

It wasn't until I went back under the bridge and started fishing south that I found any bass at all, and even at that, they all were small. Biggest I could muster was one just shy of a pound and a half. Caught three others, but only one of them would have gone 12 inches.

A half hour or so before I quit, my Dewey's tournament partner, Wayne, came by in his boat, letting me know he had managed to find fish in all the right places today. Seems he caught about 25 during his four hours on the water. As a result, he indicated that he might have to make another trip before the week is over to see if he can improve on that number.

With an open tournament scheduled for this coming Sunday, I undoubtedly just will lay low until then and give all my aches and pains from today a chance to subside.

No comments:

Post a Comment