Saturday, September 17, 2022

Credit Wayne With 3, Give Me a Zero


That's how today's first prefishing trip for next Sunday's tournament turned out after spending about five hours on the water this morning.

Wayne caught all three fish from the same little piece of water. I've watched and talked to others who also have caught fish from this area, so I was anything but surprised when I watched Wayne duplicate those earlier successes.

Meanwhile, I went through a topwater bait, a couple of crankbaits, a spinnerbait, and a plastic worm...all to no avail. To put it bluntly, I never even felt the first bite...but not for a lack of trying.

We now have tentative plans for a couple more trips this next week to see if we finally can put an end to these dog days of summer. We both have threatened to give up fishing and take up golf, all the while knowing those were nothing more that idle threats.

No comments:

Post a Comment