Sunday, January 2, 2022

For Period Ending Sunday, Jan. 2, 2022


Monday, Dec. 27 (from Ron)...
The kid (Ron's son) got a new drysuit and fish finder for Christmas, so we targeted the stripers last night. He did get hooked up with two, but they threw the hook. I managed to get three, with the biggest at 27.75 inches. Was a beautiful evening and didn't need my hat or gloves.

Sunday, Jan. 2 (from Ron)...
Finally got around to transferring last month's written log notes into the electronic fishing log for 2021. Work had me in Kentukianna about 80 days of the year, leaving 285 available to launch. Of those, I fished 217 days in 26 different locations. Landed 25 different species, with several firsts (lizard fish, tog, sheepshead, black drum, and snakehead). Too many skunks for my liking (36), low numbers of bowfin and panfish due to more time in saltwater. Two of those trips were on the headboat, and six were just hauling trash out of our waterways. Was a pretty good year, and I will see what 2022 has in store. (Click on chart for larger image.)

No comments:

Post a Comment