Saturday, May 15, 2021

For Period Ending Sunday, May 23, 2021


Saturday, May 15 (from Ken)...Just had to get on the water today, no matter what. Launched behind my good friend Wayne Hayes, who called an early halt to his fishing, given the low water and the fact a bite was nearly nonexistent. He did find some white perch, and I found one tiny bass about an hour or so after we hit the water. That, though, was the extent of the "action"...if we dare call it that. I spent time both above and below the West Neck Bridge today but couldn't say one was any better than the other. Threw a variety of baits, but that didn't seem to matter either. Didn't pay much attention to my electronics today but did see a water temperature reading of 66 degrees at some point this morning. Saw stumps and what-have-you today like I haven't seen in a month of Sundays. It was a major relearning day for me. Was taking it extra easy when running because of the "skinny" water but still managed to pick up a wad of someone's braided line before I put the boat on the trailer and called it a day. Already have talked to Wayne about taking care of that matter for me. Got my fingers crossed the water level returns to normal and all the mud I saw in places today disappears before our next tournament on May 22nd.

Tuesday, May 18 (from Ron)...
Low water had me scratching my head about where to go. Decided on Tecumseh, and even the water there was very low. Started with the XTS Minnow and caught a couple of dink white perch and a foul-hooked shad. Switched to the SwimSenko and found a 1-5, 1-7 and a 4-5 bass, which made my evening. Switched over to topwater and couldn't find anymore.
Saturday, May 22 (from dmac)...
Had a Crikey day earlier this week on the bottom end of the Northwest River. Caught some good fish (10) on top. Best was this 23-incher. Looks like a post-spawn female. Woulda liked to have weighed her two weeks ago. Lookin' forward to the water coming back. This extended low-water phase is a kick in the balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment