Thursday, January 4, 2018

To Some It's a "Winter Wonderland"...



And I heard one young, local, female newscaster last evening make this remark, "I can't wait for the snow to start--I'm so excited!"

But considering I once spent 20 months in Adak, Alaska, where I saw this kind of weather every single day, I've got just two words for ya: 

BAH, HUMBUG!!!

If I were to go every day for the rest of my life without seeing another snowflake, I would be perfectly content. In most cases, that white stuff is nothing but trouble for me, e.g., I've had a couple of traffic accidents because of it, and I've lost power several times, too, as a result of it. This blizzard was no exception. The power went off at 5:30 this morning, and it didn't come back on until 4:30 this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment