Sunday, October 29, 2017

A Good Reason To Always Carry a Spare Tire for Your Trailer


As I mentioned in an earlier post, my friend Doc was towing his boat home from a trip to Petersburg/Dinwiddie on Sunday, Oct. 15, when things got a little dicey for him at the 58/I-64 split. He noticed that his truck seemed to be bogging down. A quick check of his rearview mirror revealed the source of his problems. Smoke and flames were pouring from one wheel on the trailer (accompanying photos reveal the damage).

Doc had a tough time getting the rig off the road but finally managed. Once stopped, the flames went out, and the smoke disappeared. He subsequently called the State boys and VDOT for some help with all the traffic, while he set to work getting his spare wheel on the trailer.

As soon as the job was finished, Doc got back on the road and came on home without any further delays. "Thank God I didn't mess up the lower unit on my boat," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment