Monday, August 31, 2020

For Week Ending Sunday, Sept. 6, 2020


Monday, Aug. 31 (from Ron)...
I think the river gauge was off tonight. When I checked it, the reading was 2.09, but the Milldam Creek Bridge limbo I had to do was closer to 2.8. Anyway, it was good to be back in Milldam on a beautiful evening, even though the bite was slow. Took me an hour and a half just to find a tap but landed a 2-9 on the SwimSenko. Shifted to a Whopper Plopper and snagged a small sunfish, as well as two more bass that went about a pound each.

Tuesday, Sept. 1 (from Ron)...Easy launch and a short trip around Albright's this evening. Caught two dinks on SwimSenko and not a tap on topwater. As I recovered, I thought, "Two dinks beat a skunk," and the sunset was nice.

Sunday, Sept. 6 (from DMac)...Took my son out to Back Bay a couple days ago. Water was comparatively low but clean. We pounded grass beds in traditional Back Bay fashion and caught 14 fish. A NE wind beat us up a little, but as usual, the wind irritation immediately, magically went away as soon as the fish started biting. Most were in the 1-to-2-lb. class, but one scaled at 5.02 lbs. Two of the fish were very hungry pickerel...not what we were after, but the torpedo strike is a gas. My first bass-fishing experiences were in Back Bay in 1979. I'm fortunate to have seen this place in its heyday. However, I've also seen its demise. Does my soul good to be able to take my son fishing in a place where I caught fish when I was his age.

No comments:

Post a Comment