Sunday, February 25, 2018

Spring Truly Is Busting Out All Over

Headed to West Neck Marina early this afternoon with plans to install the renewed registration decals on my boat. As things worked out, though, I accomplished that task and had the pleasure of also renewing some friendships at the same time.

Actually, I just had peeled back the cover on my boat when I decided to go to the store and purchase my favorite: a nice, cold Mountain Dew. I picked up the soda but, before heading back to my storage shed, spent some time talking to Tom about a whole host of items. Finally, though, I headed toward the shed. A quick glance around revealed a couple of old friends tending to their rigs, as well. Ray Scott had just come in from his 2018 maiden fishing trip, so I stopped and had a conversation with him, before moving a little farther up the line and renewing my friendship with Doc Murdock. It was while talking to him that Gary Coderre happened on the scene, and so he, Doc and I settled into a three-way conversation.

After something like three-and-a-half hours, I finally returned to my boat to install the new decals. Unfortunately, however, I discovered I had misplaced my Mountain Dew somewhere during my journey...without ever getting the first sip, as best I could remember. To this point in time, I still don't have a clue where I left the soda but decided to just chalk the whole matter up to another one of those "senior moments."

I enjoy renewing old friendships, just like I enjoy the promise each new fishing season holds...at least early on. With my 2018 maiden voyage under my belt, I'm looking forward to getting in at least one trip this coming week if all goes well.

'Twould seem spring fever is hitting most everyone, based not only on the number of friends I encountered today. I also noticed the parking lot was pretty full of vehicles. The fact we're having some nice weather certainly doesn't hurt any. It won't be long before things will really shift into high gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment