Friday, August 12, 2016

His Go-To Bait Still Gettin' 'Em



That was the gist of a report I received by email this morning from Ron.

Said my kayakin' buddy, "I fought wind, heat and chop, trying to manage a Back Bay trip. But, alas, I had to give it up and settle for fishing the vicinity of Lovitt's/Beggars Bridge."

Ron ended up with nine dinks, plus a 1-4, 1-7, two 1-3s, and a 1-5,  as well as two white perch. I'll give you three guesses what he caught all of 'em on, and the first two don't count. In case you need some help, it was none other than a whopper plopper. As I told him in my response to his note this morning, both he and Charlie are wearing the bass out with that lure. "A good evening" is how Ron nonchalantly described the trip.

I know for a fact that Charlie is on the water somewhere today, and I have every reason to believe that Ron will be, too, before the day is over, so I expect a couple more email notes this evening, telling me about all the bass these two dynamos have crushed yet again today with that whopper plopper.

While talkin' to my buddy Wayne day before yesterday, he, too, was telling me about some of the success he has been enjoying with this bait. I reckon there likely are some tricks to using it that I haven't picked up on yet. Thank God I have my INT, or I'd really be jealous, given the number of bass all my friends seem to be scoring with Larry Dahlberg's prized invention.

Watch this post this evening, 'cause if I hear from Ron and/or Charlie about another big day they've had with this lure, I'll post the results right here.


The mojo for at least one of our dynamos, as I referred to Charlie and Ron above, appears to have slowed somewhat today. In his latest email to me this evening, Charlie allowed that he went to Back Bay NWR today and got only five dinks.

"The water was a bit high, and the wind was a pain," he said, "but the clarity was amazing. I even was able to get a couple of clips with the underwater camera." In case you'd like to see what he got, check Charlie's blog later tonight. Here's the link: www.vbfishguide.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment