Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Tricked by Thy Own Self


Having readied everything Sunday night before going to bed, I was all set for another day on the water Monday, except for taking one last look at the weather and water level that morning when the alarm clock sounded at 5 a.m.

The water level checked OK, but once I went to the radar, I couldn't help seeing that glob of green stuff headed our way, coupled with a prediction for showers between the hours of 9 and 11 a.m. Considering the thermometer reading I was looking at (in the 40s), I wasn't about to take a chance on getting wet to boot. So you guessed it...I simply turned off the computer, doused the light, and toddled back to bed for some more z-z-z-z.

When I had arisen for good, it still looked as though rain was on the way, but to this moment in time, not the first drop has hit the ground here at the house, and I wouldn't doubt but what the same is true at the marina. That's not to say there still may not be a shower or two this afternoon, but I would be coming off the water about this time (2:15), so it really wouldn't matter.

I would have the boat parked in my shed in about 10 more minutes, and then it could do anything it wanted without my caring one iota. There's enough room in the shed to clean up everything and get it put away without any muss nor fuss.

If there's a lesson to be learned here, I reckon it's that I'm no better or worse than all the local weather dudes when it comes to forecasting rain or shine. The only difference is that, when I blow the call, there's no one else I can blame for costing myself a day on the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment