Saturday, February 10, 2018

For the Week Ending Sunday, Feb. 11, 2018


Friday, Feb. 9 (from Ron)...Made a quick trip from 3:30 until dark. Spent some time playing around with a new fish finder, which I concluded will take time to figure out. In any event, it didn't help much in the way of my totals. I managed four or five chain pickerel to 20 inches and a 1-8 bass on the XTS jerkbait. Oddly, didn't find any panfish.


Saturday, Feb. 10 (from Ron)...Headed out for a Milldam trip at about 11 a.m. Rain was forecast at 3, but it arrived early, and the wetness, along with the wind and cold, drove me off. However, I still managed a 2-lb. 5-oz. bass to avoid the skunk. The water was very, very murky. Am keeping my options open for perhaps going back out later in pursuit of some stripers.



Sunday, Feb. 11 (from Ron)...To find wind protection, launched at  Lotus Garden for Muddy Creek. At the 2-hour and 47-minute mark, I had my first hit and reeled in a 2-3 bass. Ten minutes later, I stumbled across a 1-5, and that was all. The wind was a bear, but at least it was warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment