Wednesday, June 14, 2017

For the Week Ending Sunday, June 18, 2017



Tuesday, June 13...From RayRoy Gordon and I fished West Neck today. Roy caught five bass, with the largest weighing 4 lbs. 2 ozs. I caught three bass, with the largest weighing 2 lbs. We also caught 10 or so bream. which is always fun. The water was fairly clear; the temperature was 80 degrees. The lures for the day were the Senko, spinnerbait and small spinner.

Tuesday, June 13...From Ron: I finally found one to take some drag, as well as four dinks and a red-ear sunfish. My guesstimate on weight is close to 2 lbs. I fished Brush Creek Reservoir, near Butlerville, Indiana, home of the Indiana state crappie record: 4 lbs. 11ozs., caught in 1994. I didn't find any crappie. Very limited bank fishing opportunities, with heavily wooded and steep banks.

Wednesday, June 14...From Ron: Got home yesterday and dusted off the kayak. Launched Milldam from Blackwater Road and headed to Snake Creek. Found what I was looking for: taco fare, including six crappie and two white perch. Yum! With my stringer full, I targeted bass in Snake Creek south and found a few. More followers and misses than I landed, but it was great to be back out there. Panfish fell to beetlespins under bobber. Big white perch (12.5 inch) hit Pop-R. Bass on Pop-R and Whopper Plopper. Caught four bass (1-0, 1-2, 1-10, and a dink), eight crappie, and seven white perch, but I only kept the 10-inch-plus panfish (eight total).

Saturday, June 17...From Ron: Launched Beggars Bridge and headed south on a 7-mile trip that went from 0540 to 1200. Trip back was with the wind, which picked up. Caught 13 bass, including a 2-1, three dinks, and nine that were between 1 and 2 lbs. Most of my bass were caught on flukes. However, also landed a few on Whopper Plopper. Had a "floating" snake follow me around for about 10 min. He was all on top of the water. Since I was fishing a very skinny creek, I was on edge but enjoyed the long trip.

Sunday, June 18...From Ron: The gate to the Alton's Creek launch (from Blackwater Road) has been open for a month or so now. Decided to drive back there, use the cart, and launch the yak. Morning was very slow. Tried Flukes, Whopper Plopper, Pop-R, and Beetlespin. Managed 4 bass, including a dink, 1-1, 1-9, and 2-2, as well as a couple small white perch and an 8.5-inch sunfish. Called it quits about 1030, when it became too hot.

Sunday, June 18...From Ray: My son, Barry, and I fished West Neck today. The water was very high, and I didn't expect much, but we had a good time. We ended up with two 1-lb. bass and 15 bream, mostly crappie. Small spinnerbaits (not Beetlespins) were the only thing they hit, although we tried several lures. Water temperature was 83 degrees and clear. I told Barry it wasn't nice to outfish his old dad on Father's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment