Wednesday, June 7, 2017

For the Week Ending Sunday, June 11, 2017



Wednesday, June 7...From Ken: In the cool, cool, cool of the morning, I launched from West Neck and ran south to Albright's yet again. I eventually found fish but not along the same grassy shorelines as last Thursday. Business didn't pick up until I moved to the back of the creek and started targeting wood. Using the Whopper Plopper and what I affectionately call the Whopper Popper, I managed to put a total of 10 bass in the boat, including five keepers (1-2, 1-6, 1-7, 1-7, 1-8) and five dinks. Also had several blowups that didn't translate into a hookup. Seemingly had Albright's all to myself today--at least, I never heard or saw another boat. Today will be my only trip this week before our next scheduled tourney on Saturday.

Friday, June 9...From Ray: Fished West Neck today, catching a total of 13 fish, including three bass (to 2 lbs.) and 10 bream, mostly crappie.

Friday, June 9...From Ron: Tried bank fishing for first time ever at Deams Lake, Indiana, where I'm currently visiting. Grass and some kind of lure-grabbing weeds made it difficult until I hiked a bit and worked an open shoreline. Caught eight small bass and think a couple were smallmouths (?). Caught everything on Pop-R. Worked a Yum Dinger in the thick grass and caught one sunfish. I miss my kayak!

No comments:

Post a Comment