Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Wasted 4 Hours This Morning



I had my plan and I fished my plan for four hours this morning, all to no avail. Turns out, though, I mistakenly had decided to fish the front end of Albright's, where the water wasn't as clear as usual. For that or perhaps some other reason, the fish really were turned off--to the point where I couldn't buy a strike.

After four hours, I decided to spend my last two in the back of Albright's, and that's where business finally picked up. Unfortunately, I just didn't have enough time to put together a limit. I ended the day with three keepers, the biggest this 1-2.

I went through a whole series of topwater baits before I finally tied on my INT. Once again, it proved to be a winner. All three fish came in my last hour on the water, using only the INT, and I feel certain if I had gone to the back first thing this morning, I easily would have had a limit.

Will likely sneak in another day before the weekend. However, I surmise I'll once again go early and stop early, too. The 6-to-12 plan today worked pretty nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment