Tuesday, July 19, 2016

The All-Topwater Days Continue With Another Limit



There was only one keeper in the bunch, though, and it hit at 12:03. According to my scales, the bass weighed 1-15 (see photo right).

The INT bait was among the productive lures today (caught the fish in this picture on it, too). I'm still scratching my head, however, about how I came to lose one of my topwater baits (and no, it wasn't my INT).

I had hung the bait on a small limb of a laydown when the snap gave out. I mistakenly thought it would be a simple matter to ease over to the spot with my trolling motor and just pick up the floater. No such luck, though. The bait was nowhere to be found. I had two good looks but never did find the lure. I subsequently stopped on the way home and picked up two more of the bait I lost, 'cause the fish really were taking some healthy swats at it.

Besides the five bass I boated, a small striper started my topwater day.

All my fish came from West Neck Creek today. I figured I had proven I could regularly have successful all-topwater days in Albright's. Now I'm going to see if I can repeat that success in other areas along the North Landing.

Saw Rob Peppers and a partner I couldn't make out in the distance on the water. They were fishing from the boat my tourney partner, Rob Chatham, once owned. They were already gone when I came in, so don't have a clue what kind of day they had.

Despite being another scorcher of a day, I had a good time and didn't regret my decision to go for even a minute. I'm not real sure at the moment when I'll be taking my next trip. It will depend on the weather and how many things I have to get done this week. I definitely won't be going again either of the next two days because I have appointments both days. I might take a look at Friday, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment