Monday, July 4, 2016

Ameika Father-Son Duo Has Really Good Weekend



I had been wondering when I would hear from Ron and his son, Alex, again with a new report of their exploits on the water. And right on cue, an email hit my inbox this evening, which I will share with you here.

"Said Ron, "We tried Western Branch Reservoir during the day Saturday. Alex found three for the skillet, while I only could muster some tiny ones--seriously, I'm talking 3- and 4-inch yellow perch and sunfish."

The elder Ameika then allowed that he headed to the upper North Landing Saturday evening, where he managed to catch a crappie and white perch to round out the frying pan. Oh, I almost forgot--he also scored a 23-inch chain pickerel.

On Sunday, Ron and Alex loaded up their kayaks and other gear and went to a spot, which Ron has asked me to keep anonymous. And in keeping with my usual practice, I gave him my word I would do as he wanted. This trip proved to be a winner for Alex, as evidenced by the 1-3, 2-6 and 3-7 (see photo above right) he boated in the course of the day. Ron, on the other hand, just "got soaked and skunked," to borrow his own words.

Those results simply lit a fire under Ron to make amends for his dismal Sunday showing. He did so by going back to the same anonymous spot today, and he indeed made up for yesterday in a big way.

"Best day yet!" is how he described today's results. "I found seven bass, including two dinks, a 1-13, 1-15, 2-2, 3-1, and a fat 5-5 (see photo left). My ticket to this success was a mixture of rubber worms and craws," he concluded.

There's nothing wrong with those kinds of numbers, my friends. Keep 'em coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment