Thursday, June 9, 2016

Just Had To Go Back for Seconds Today



With another day of beautiful weather, coupled with yesterday's results, I couldn't resist the temptation to haul my fanny out of bed early this morning and head back to West Neck Marina for another day on the water. Suffice it to say I'm genuinely beat right now, but given the way things turned out again today, I'm not in the least regretting my decision.

I again missed a lot of strikes and had a few come unbuttoned before I got them to the boat but managed to put a total of six in the boat by day's end, including three dinks, a 1-0, 1-1, and the 3-6 in the accompanying photo.

I don't mind admitting I was more than a little lucky to have gotten my day's best in the boat. As I started unfastening him, I quickly noticed that he was hooked only by one barb of the treble. And, too, the snap had come partly undone. Reckon I may have to stop complaining about ol' man Murphy always riding on my shoulder--at least for a while.

And if you're wondering, the 3-6 came on a topwater lure, which is all I ever can say about it. If you've noticed the change I made to yesterday's results (check the note in bold type I added earlier this evening), you'll understand why I made this statement. As Pop impressed on me at a very early age, "A man's word is his bond," and I gave my friend my word.

No comments:

Post a Comment