Monday, June 20, 2016

Another Limit on an All-Day Topwater Bite



A mixture of topwater baits, including my INT, paved the way to my fifth consecutive outing with a limit of bass. Of the seven I boated today, only four were keepers, with the biggest a 1-13 (pictured here) that nearly smacked the paint off my topwater bait when it hit about 1:30 this afternoon.

I also lost two nice bass this morning when they leaped right beside the boat and spit my lure. And there were some gigantic blowups throughout the day, in which I never felt pressure or anything, so I never attempted a hookset.

I'll readily admit that I suspect at least a couple of those big blowups today were those toothy critters. There were no outward signs--rather, just a gut feeling.

I was back in Albright's today. However, I spent most of my time in the front end because the water was a bit low to do very much prowling in my usual back areas. Also checked out part of my favorite stretch in Pocaty, but didn't get a sniff, so resigned myself to staying in Albright's all day.

Saw Ray Scott on the water today and talked to him briefly. He had boated three bass on soft plastics, plus several bream on assorted baits when we spoke this afternoon. I didn't ask but had the feeling he probably was headed for the dock at the time.

Suffice it to say I'm having a blast with these all-day topwater bites. Don't know how long it will last, but I'm all in for the duration.

No comments:

Post a Comment