Wednesday, June 8, 2016

An All-Topwater Kind of Day



I expected a topwater bite for a while this morning, but it came as a complete surprise when that topwater bite lasted the entire day. But before I go any farther, I have to give credit where credit is due. In this case, it all goes to Dave, whom I ran into in Albright's today.

I wasn't having much luck when I bumped into him, but thanks to his sharing what he already had caught 12 small bass on, it turned my day completely around, and for that, I'll always be grateful. So, Dave, if you happen to be reading my blog, please know that I sincerely thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your secret to success with me today.

After talking to him this morning, I went on to catch a total of seven bass, including two dinks, plus a 1-8, 1-10, 2-2, 2-12 (left) and 2-15 (top right). I also lost another nice keeper on the way to the boat and missed several more strikes--all on the same bait that Dave was using to score so well.

If it wasn't for the fact there's a tourney this Saturday, I'd let everyone know what that magic lure is, but in this case, my lips are sealed, at least until the tourney is in the record books (UPDATE: make that forever. The kind gent who shared with me has asked that I never divulge the secret he showed me, so I'm going to honor that request--because that's what you do for friends.).

From this point forward, when Dave speaks, I'm going to listen. He proved to me today that he knows what he's talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment