Friday, November 6, 2015

Just a Thought--Take It or Leave It

Don't know how boatowners in general feel, but I, personally, really hate dragging any more grit and grime into my bass boat than absolutely necessary. The last thing I want to see when turning around and looking where I first stepped onto the boat is a footprint across my carpet. That's why I always slosh water around the soles of my shoes at the ramp before climbing aboard at the start of any given day's fishing trip.

Sure, maybe I look like a little kid playing in the water by following such a regimen, but at least I avoid having some of that ground-in stuff throughout all the carpeting like I see in other folks' boats.

What are you supposed to do, though, at the end of the day, after you've climbed off the boat, then suddenly find that you have to reembark? That's been happening to me a lot since I got this other Skeeter last December.

You see, I usually keep all my tackle for each trip on this boat in the forward, center storage compartment--a luxury I didn't have with the SX-170. When I remember, I will remove all my gear from that compartment before getting off the boat, but more times than not, I forget.

Until now, I've been addressing this problem by removing my shoes and going back aboard in my sock feet. Then, the other day, during a rare moment of clarity, I remembered that most home repairmen and service folks today wear either disposable or reusable shoe guards when they're in your house.

As my wife was heading to Walmart the other evening, I asked her to look and see if they had any of those shoe guards, and sure 'nuff, they did. So now those days of having to remove my shoes before reembarking are long gone.

Don't get me wrong. I know a certain amount of debris still will collect in the boat, so I'll still have to run a shop vac from time to time, but maybe not quite as often.

And if you're interested in knowing how to do a "thorough cleaning" of your boat carpet, here's the link to a website that provides all the details: http://www.flwfishing.com/tips/2013-12-02-boat-care-101-simple-do-it-yourself-carpet-cleaning.

Or, perhaps you'd rather pay someone else to do the dirty work for you. I know for a fact that Stanley Steemer is more than happy to oblige. For a free quote, call 1-800-STEEMER/1-800-783-3637.

No comments:

Post a Comment